These general terms and conditions shall govern the relationship between Hemavan Alpint AB (HAAB) and any individual who, personally or through the agency of another party, concludes an agreement with HAABin accordance with the terms of the confirmation (the GUEST). The agreement may concern accommodation, travel, the purchase of other products and services, or a combination thereof (the arrangement).
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?
The legally responsible organiser is Hemavan Alpint AB, Centrumvägen 1 920 66 Hemavan. Tel +46(0)954-301 50. Org.nr. 556351-9635. VATNO SE 556351-963501.
THE AGREEMENT, ETC.
As the organiser, HAABis responsible to the GUEST for all matters that the latter can claim as a result of the agreement. The responsibility also applies to services rendered by parties other than HAAB. Information contained in catalogues, brochures and on websites shall be binding upon HAAB, but may be amended before an agreement is reached if a clear reservation for amendments is made and if the GUEST is clearly informed of the change. HAABcannot accept responsibility for any printing or proof-reading errors.
As the organiser, HAABis obliged to ensure:
o that the GUEST receives written confirmation of his/her booking and other necessary documents;
o that information is provided on the manner in which payment shall be made, where keys can be collected, and that the GUEST is otherwise informed on other matters of importance to the arrangement;
o that the arrangement corresponds to the description provided in the confirmation. HAABis not responsible for undertakings that may have been given directly by third parties to the GUEST without the knowledge of HAABand of which HAABwas unaware or could not reasonably been aware (try and obtain such undertakings on paper, to be on the safe side).
The terms below shall be defined as follows within the context of these General Booking Terms and Conditions:
Departure – journey from home to destination
Arrival – the time when the GUEST arrives at the destination
Return journey – journey home from the destination.
First day of validity – the date when for example, Ski Pass, ski rental, ski school and supplementary products such as bed linen, departure cleaning are to be used.
WHEN DOES THE GUEST’S BOOKING BECOME BINDING?
The booking is binding upon both HAABand the GUEST as soon as HAABhas confirmed the booking and the GUEST has, within the contractually agreed period of time, paid the agreed deposit (or the sum cost of the booking).
WHEN SHOULD THE GUEST PAY?
The GUEST shall pay for the arrangement no later than on the date specified in the confirmation. HAAB shall be entitled to debit an initial part payment in conjunction with the confirmation (deposit).
- For arrangements booked earlier than 42 days prior to arrival, a registration fee of 20 % of the value of the booking plus any cancellation insurance and booking fee must be at HAAB at 24:00 on the same day as the booking.
- For arrangements booked earlier than 42 days prior to arrival, payment according to the agreed price must be HAAB available 42 days before arrival.
- For arrangements booked between 41 to 1 days before arrival, payment according to the agreed price must be at HAAB at 24:00 on the day of booking. Our bank giro accounts cannot be used for bookings with less than 30 days to arrive. Only card payment via the hemavan.nu under the heading “my page”.
The GUEST may pre-book ski rental from 3 days before collection. If the GUEST has an existing KeyCard, it can be topped up until 1 day before arrival. If the GUEST does not have such a card, booking must be made at least 3 days before arrival, to enable the GUEST to pick up the card in reception upon arrival.
Final payment for the arrangement shall always have been made before the arrangement begins. The GUEST shall always state their booking number when making payment and shall have their confirmation and receipt with them upon arrival!
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE GUEST DOES NOT PAY ON TIME?
HAAB does not send payment reminders for unpaid deposits.
The booking will be cancelled if the deposit does not reach HAAB by the due date specified in the confirmation. If the GUEST has paid the deposit, ONE payment reminder will be sent for the final balance.
The booking will be cancelled if the final balance does not reach HAAB by the date specified in the reminder. If the GUEST does not pay on time, it will be regarded as a cancellation, at which time the cancellation rules will apply.
WHAT IF THE GUEST WANTS TO CANCEL/RE-BOOK?
The GUEST may submit a verbal or written cancellation to HAABor to the place that took the booking. HAAB only accepts cancellations by the guest.
CANCELLATION OF ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL WITHOUT CANCELLATION INSURANCE
- For accommodation and/or travel cancelled 42 days or more prior to arrival HAAB retains the deposit fee.
- For accommodation and/or travel cancelled 41-0 days prior to arrival HAAB retains 100 % off the payment for accommodation and/or travel.
CANCELLATION OF ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL WITH CANCELLATION INSURANCE
- For accommodation and/or travel cancelled 30 days or more prior to arrival, HAAB retains the fee for cancellation insurance.
- For accommodation and/or travel cancelled 29-0 days prior to arrival, with a valid cancellation reason (see below), HAAB shall retain the fee for cancellation insurance.
- For accommodation and/or travel cancelled 29-0 days prior to arrival without a valid cancellation reason HAAB shall retain 100 % of the payment for accommodation and/or travel.
Making changes to accommodation and travel
GUESTS with cancellation insurance have the opportunity to rebook the arrangement to another facility within the HAAB destination before the final payment is paid, but no later than 30 days prior to arrival. HAAB has the right to charge a change fee of SEK 300.
SKIPASS, SKI RENTAL, SKI SCHOOL AND SUPPLEMENTARY PRODUCTS
The GUEST can cancel Skipass, ski rental, ski school and supplementary products such as bed linen, departure cleaning etc. up to 7 days before the first validity date. For skipass, ski rental, ski school and supplementary products (bed linen, departure cleaning, high chair etc.) that are cancelled 6 days or less before arrival, HAAB retains 100% of the payment.
REFUND OF SEASON PASSES AND 8 OPTIONAL DAY SKI PASSES (SUPPLEMENTS THAT ONLY APPLY TO THE WINTER SEASONS 2020-2021 AND 2021-2022)
For those who buy a season pass or 8 optional day pass, the following applies:
- If, due to the Corona Pandemic, Hemavan Alpint has to close its operations before the postponed last day of the winter seasons, (2021-05-02 and 2022-05-01), you are entitled to a refund that corresponds to the part of the ski pass validity period that could not be used.
- If closed national boundaries means that yo cannot use your season pass for at least 2/3 of the validity period, you are entitled to a refund for the part of the ski pass validity period that could not be used.
This is a supplement to our regular booking conditions and only applies to the winter seasons 2020-2021 and 2021-2022.
When booking combinations of arrangements sold by HAAB for a price indicated in advance (packages), the GUEST cannot cancel individual products included in the arrangement. HAAB thus reserves the right to include Skipasses when selling lodging. For cancellation of individual/all persons in the package, the same rules apply as for cancellation of accommodation/travel.
The GUEST may purchase cancellation insurance that entitles them, in the event of illness or other occurrences that interfere with their plans, to cancel up to the date of arrival. See separate terms and conditions below. The cancellation insurance payment shall be made on the same terms as those that apply to the arrangement. The cancellation insurance fee will not be refunded in the event of cancellation.
HAAB’s CANCELLATION INSURANCE
GUESTS who take out cancellation insurance have the right to cancel the arrangement as outlined below. The insurance will compensate the guest for cancellation costs if it is resonable that the guest must cancel the booking because the GUEST, a close relative or travelling companion:
- Suffers a serious illness, accident or death
- Is called up for military service or civil defence
- Suffers significant damage to their ordinary place of residence as a result of fire, flooding, or similar serious event
- Suffers a serious incident in their workplace
- Has their leave cancelled by their employer after the arrangement was booked and this could not reasonably have been foreseen
- Is en route to the destination and suffers a sudden and unforeseen breakdown of their private car or car hired for private use and which cannot be rectified within 24 hours.
The insurance policy will not pay compensation if the GUEST is forced to cancel due to circumstances or illness of which he/she was aware when he/she took out the insurance cover or if the trip was booked against the advice of a physician. The insurance does not cover claims events that occur after the agreed arrival date. The GUEST must be able to attest the hindrance in the form of a certificate from a doctor, authority, employer or insurance company, for example. The certificate shall reach HAAB no later than 14 days after the cancellation date.
The rules governing the way in which the GUEST shall cancel are specified under the heading, WHAT IF THE GUEST WANTS TO CANCEL/RE-BOOK? above.
The term, cancellation costs, refers to the amount already paid by the GUEST for the arrangement and which will not be refunded by HAAB in the event of a cancellation. The amount paid by the GUEST for the cancellation insurance will not be refunded. The term, fellow traveller, refers to persons covered by the same insurance policy and with the same booking as the GUEST. The term, close relative, refers to the GUEST’S husband/wife/co-habiting partner/registered partner, children, grandchildren, siblings, parents and parents-in-law, maternal and paternal grandparents, other persons with whom the GUEST lives as husband/wife, and persons who have custody of relatives within the GUEST’S family.
HAAB’s CHANGES AND THE GUEST’S RIGHTS, ETC.
HAAB may change the terms and conditions governing the arrangement to the extent that the GUEST can be offered other equivalent services.
HAAB shall, in the event of HAAB incurring increased costs after the agreement has become binding upon both parties, be entitled to raise the price of the trip to an extent corresponding to the cost increase,
if the cost increase is due to changes in taxation or other charges in respect of services included in the arrangement.
The price may not be raised during the final 20 days before arrival and the GUEST shall be notified immediately of any price increases. The price of the arrangement shall be reduced if HAAB’s costs fall for the reasons specified above, more than 20 days before arrival.
The departure time specified in conjunction with travel is preliminary. The GUEST shall be notified as soon as possible if the ultimate departure time differs from the preliminary departure time. If no such notification is provided, the time specified on the confirmation or subsequently issued travel documents shall, therefore, obtain.
If the approximate departure differs from the ultimate departure time by more than 8 hours, the GUEST shall be entitled to waive the agreement in the manner specified below.
If the arrangement cannot be supplied in accordance with the confirmation and its terms and conditions and if HAAB is unable to offer the GUEST other equivalent services, the GUEST shall be entitled to waive the agreement. The GUEST shall also be entitled to waive the agreement if the terms and conditions change significantly to his/her disadvantage. When this is the case, HAAB must refund the entire sum already paid, less any benefit that the GUEST may have enjoyed.
To be entitled to waive the agreement, the GUEST must notify HAAB at the earliest possible opportunity, but no later than 11 a.m. on the day after arrival. The GUEST shall notify HAAB immediately of any faults found during the stay to afford HAAB the opportunity to rectify them. The GUEST’S right to claim for the faults shall otherwise lapse.
The maximum compensation paid in damages for damage/injuries covered by the provisions of the Swedish Maritime Code (1994:1009), the Swedish Aviation Act (1957:297), the Swedish Railroad Traffic Act (1985:192) or the Swedish International Railroad Traffic Act (1985:193) shall be that specified in the Acts in question, as worded at the time when the damage/injury occurred. It shall be incumbent upon the GUEST to limit the damage/injury as far as possible.
Any liability on the part of HAAB to pay damages shall lapse if HAAB can demonstrate that the travel could not have been provided as a result of hindrances beyond HAAB’s control and which HAAB could not reasonably have been expected to foresee when the agreement was entered into and whose consequences HAAB could not reasonably have avoided or overcome.
Extreme meteorological conditions in Hemavan may entail the substitution of the regular airport with another airport. HAAB has no liability to compensate the GUEST for any extension to the journey time or abbreviation of the stay under such circumstances.
The GUEST shall be entitled to nominate another party to travel in their place and HAAB shall accept that person, in the absence of specific reasons to the contrary. One such reason may, for example, be that a transport company or other party engaged by HAAB must accept a passenger switch. The GUEST must notify HAAB of switches no later than 5 days (20 days if the journey has been booked with the transport company’s regular alternative) before departure. HAAB shall be entitled to debit a re-booking charge of SEK 300. If the agreement has been transferred, the transferring party and the transferee are jointly and severally liable to HAAB for any remaining payment due for the journey and for any extra costs that may arise from the transfer.
WHAT ARE THE GUEST’S LIABILITIES?
The GUEST must be at least 18 years of age to book/enter into an agreement with HAAB. At least two people must be a minimum of 18 years of age in connection with the booking of group accommodation, unless a higher age limit is specified in conjunction with the booking being made. Proof of age will be required upon arrival. Gaining access to the accommodation is contingent upon compliance with the age limit requirement. If the GUEST fails to comply with the age limit requirement when attempting to gain access to the accommodation, the cancellation rules shall apply.
An increased age limit applies to certain accommodation during certain periods.
The GUEST must comply with the regulations, instructions and provisions that govern travel, accommodation and other matters. The GUEST shall observe the greatest consideration for and maintain quiet in relation to other guests between 10 p.m. and
7 a.m. The GUEST is fully responsible for any damage caused to the accommodation and its fixtures and fittings if the GUEST,
or any other party afforded access to the accommodation,
is negligent. Breaches of the regulations specifying a ban on smoking and pets will incur a minimum clean-up cost of SEK 6,000.
The GUEST may not use the accommodation for any purpose other than that agreed in conjunction with the booking being made (usually for leisure purposes) and may not permit other persons to stay overnight in the accommodation or to erect tents, caravans, hot baths, etc. on the premises. The GUEST must clean the premises thoroughly before the journey home – follow the cleaning instructions.
Any breach of these terms will result in HAAB debiting a minimum charge of SEK 1,500 (depending on the size of the accommodation). All keys to the accommodation must be handed back when commencing the journey home. Any failure to do so will result in HAAB debiting a minimum fee of SEK 2,000 to cover lock changes.
The GUEST is personally liable to observe the necessary formalities for the completion of the journey. HAAB has the right to charge a fee of SEK 2500 if the guest has not completed an approved cleaning of the accommodation before departure. HAAB shall be entitled to terminate the agreement with immediate effect if the GUEST, or any member of the GUEST’S party, behaves in a disruptive manner and/or causes damage to the accommodation or its surrounding area or if the accommodation is not used for the designated purpose. If the agreement is terminated, the GUEST and his/her party must immediately vacate the accommodation and the rental amount will not be refunded. HAAB will, in the event of a termination with immediate effect of the agreement for the reasons specified above, debit the GUEST an overhead fee corresponding to the damage caused, but no less than SEK 5,000.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE?
The GUEST should approach HAAB with any complaints.
If negotiations between the GUEST and HAAB fail to result in an agreement, they may turn to the Swedish National Board for Consumer Complaints or other public court of law.
WARS, NATURAL DISASTERS, STRIKES, ETC.
Both parties shall be entitled to waive the agreement if the arrangement cannot be provided due to acts of war, natural disasters, industrial disputes, extended interruptions to water and power supplies, fires, or other similar major events that neither party could have foreseen or influenced.
The relevant checking in and checking out times are specified on the confirmation. The accommodation price does not include cleaning, bed linen, towels, cots/highchairs, toilet paper, cleaning agents, etc., unless otherwise specified in the confirmation. Remember to take with you everything you need for your stay. HAAB accommodation where it is not allowed to smoke or bring pets is not sanitised to cater for allergic persons. Electric vehicles may only be charged at designated charging stations.
HAAB is not responsible for items left behind.
THE SWEDISH DATA PROTECTION ACT
The GUEST consents, by making payment, to the processing by HAAB or the cancellation insurance Underwriter of the GUEST’S personal data. The purpose of this is to enable the usual guest administration, to ensure that HAAB has access to reliable personal data in the event of an accident, to comply with the terms and conditions of the cancellation insurance, and to administer and process any claims for damages. The data may also be used to provide information on insurance and payment services and travel-related offers. The GUEST may also be contacted for market surveys.
RIGHTS WHEN BOOKING LINKED TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS (I.E. PACKAGE TRAVEL) EU Directive 2015/2302
In cases where the guest has booked a combination of travel services, the arrangement as a whole constitutes a travel package under the regulations of EU Directive 2015/2302. This means that the guest is protected by all EU-governed rights that apply to package travel. HAAB will take on the full responsibility for ensuring that the package trip as a whole is performed correctly. HAAB also has a duty by law to refund payments made by the guest and, where transport is included in the package, ensure the guest’s repatriation if HAAB becomes insolvent
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8 % of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty. • If the organiser or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured.
- Travellers may contact Kammarkollegiet (the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency: Birger Jarlsgatan 16, 114 34 Stockholm, 08-700 08 00, firstname.lastname@example.org if services are denied because of HAAB´s insolvency.Directive (EU) 2015/2302 as incorporated into Swedish national law https://svenskforfattningssamling.se/ doc/20181217.html